Monday, February 25, 2013

Field Trip Coming Soon...and a Recommendation

Long-time readers know that I make a beeline for movie costume exhibits.  This is just a short post to let you know that I'm working on a new field trip for you this week!  Here's a little teaser:



I recently had the opportunity to to see the wonderful Cut! Costume and the Cinema exhibit at the Bowers Museum featuring costumes from twenty-five different films (including some award winners).  I now have over 300 photos to sort through (yes, I take too many photos when I'm out).  I hope to have it posted for you by the end of the week.

Also I'd like to recommend that you take a trip to FIDM to see the 21st Annual Art of Motion Picture Costume Design exhibit that features costumes from the all five movies that were nominated for an Academy Award this year, including Anna Karenina, the Oscar winner for Costume Design. 

Although I haven't seen all of the movies I was particularly enamored with some of the fanciful costumes in Mirror Mirror so I am looking forward to seeing some of them in person:

Costume for Julia Roberts as the Evil Queen in Mirror Mirror, by Eiko Ishioka.  Via FIDM.

Unfortunately FIDM does not allow photography so I can't take you on a field trip, so if you are in the Los Angeles area be sure to visit before the exhibit closes in April (and it's free!).

UPDATE:  You can now see photos of some of the costumes on FIDM's  Facebook page!

More coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. You've thoroughly piqued my interest, dear Collette, and I cannot wait to see more about this exciting costume exhibit. I love living where we do - small town life has so many perks - but the lack of a big museum or gallery that puts on exciting historical costume exhibits is not one of them (if only I had the means to open such a museum of my own!).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!