Monday, September 24, 2012

Madison Avenue Monday: The Fall Style Story

"The fashion world took quite a hammering this season.  It looked for a while as though we were doomed to appear with skimpy, drooping shoulders; skimpy, no-stride skirts, and all kinds of uncompromising lines....  But, as usual, designers propose and customers dispose, in the good old democratic way, so today we have a 1941 silhouette that makes sense."

Click on the photos to enlarge The Fall Style Story, courtesy Woman's Day, October 1941.

"Long jacket, low set-in belt, wide lapels all point the way to a new trend in suits this autumn. 
Two-piece suit from Davidow."

"Kimono sleeves and slim skirt stamp this fitted topcoat and classic wool dress
as new 1941.  Ensemble designed by Charles Armour."


1 comment:

  1. Sophisticated 1940s daywear looks like this always set my heart aflutter and make me yearn desperately for a time machine so that I could go back and stock up on scads of them to see me through the nippy Canadian fall and winter that lies ahead.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!