Saturday, April 9, 2011

Field Trip: FIDM Motion Picture Costume Design Exhibition

Costumes for Anne Hathaway as the White Queen in Alice of Wonderland

Went on a fun field trip today to the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising's 2010 Motion Picture Costume Design Exhibition of actual costumes used in some of last year's biggest movies.  You can view the exhibits from past years by clicking here).

Some months ago I visited FIDM when they had costumes from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland and I was delighted to see a few of the wonderful costumes were still on display for this exhibit.  I was very bad...photography is not allowed but I took a few photos (without the flash!) as the costumes for Alice and the White Queen were among my favorites:

Anne Hathaway's gown as the White Queen
Detail of the gown for the White Queen

Costumes for Mia Wasikowska as Alice
Detail of the costume for Alice

For those of you in the area, the exhibit will be up until the end of this month.   If you stop by, DON'T MISS a visit the FIDM scholarship store for incredibly cheap clothing and accessories --  designers and various clothing labels donate their fit samples and retail stores donate overstock clothes, jewelry, and accessories are to the store to benefit the students, yet the public is welcome.  This time of year there are beautiful wedding gowns that retail for $1,000 that are sold for as little as $200.  The store also offers a constantly updated selection of fabric on sale at only $1.00 a yard!  Yes, my stash grew by leaps and bounds today.

Have a wonderful weekend all...more later!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I'm "dead" with envy. LOL. It's soooo far from me. Please enjoy for me ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photos. The costumes are gorgeous. I'm in love with Alice's long dress.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!