Saturday, March 20, 2010

Welcome Spring!

 
I think of this poem by e.e. cummings every year when winter turns into spring and I thought I'd share, because it makes me smile.  Happy first day of Spring to you!
     
    in Just-
    spring       when the world is mud-
    luscious the little
    lame balloonman
    whistles       far       and wee
    and eddieandbill come
    running from marbles and
    piracies and it's
    spring
    when the world is puddle-wonderful
    the queer
    old balloonman whistles
    far       and       wee
    and bettyandisbel come dancing
     from hop-scotch and jump-rope and
    it's
    spring
    and
         the
                 goat-footed
    balloonMan       whistles
    far
    and
    wee
    e.e. cummings


Photo used under a Creative Commons license from http://www.flickr.com/photos/houseofsims/ / CC BY 2.0

3 comments:

  1. Happy Spring to you as well! It was a pretty day here; hope it was the same for you. :) Thanks for sharing that lovely poem. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Spring to you! That's a lovely poem! Visiting you through PEAR.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!