Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Etsy and Web Shop Update - New Items and the Difference Between the Shops

Hello all, this just a quick shop update to let you know that I have added the following fun items to the Etsy shop in the "Costume Jewelry" and "Fabric, Linens, Trims" sections:


I will add a few more housewares, costume jewelry, and linen items this week.  Almost all of the linens are from that cool estate sale that I told you about a few weeks ago.  My Etsy shop will now have a mix of my vintage finds and vintage sewing patterns.

However, you may have noticed that I am posting more patterns in the Web shop at www.serendipityvintage.com than in the Etsy shop.  There is a really good reason for this change.   

In the Web shop I think that you'll have a much better experience when looking for vintage sewing patterns than you do in the Etsy shop, as Etsy limits shopkeepers to only ten sections.  I can list a pattern in unlimited sections in my Web shop!


In the Web shop you can view patterns by:
  • Bust size (e.g., 34, 36, 38)
  • Era (e.g., 1950s, 1960s, 1980s)
  • Type of fashion (e.g., plus sizes, swimwear, menswear, children and teens)
  • Manufacturer (e.g., Vogue)
All patterns are now cross-linked into multiple sections.  For example, the pattern above is a 1950s McCall's day dress in a bust size 34 is in "1950s Women's Patterns", "Bust size 34", and can also be found by selecting the manufacturer, "McCall's." 

You can also click on the blue "New Products" link at the bottom of the left hand navigation bar to see new patterns as I add them. If you wish, click on this link now to see this week's new items:  http://bit.ly/bkY0CZ .

Your comments and feedback are always welcome so I can continue to make improvements!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely goodies! I adore all the embroidered items. And just to let you know that your lovely scarves, when rolled up, look like roses!!!:) Have a great day, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable finds, and I am coveting that 50's dress pattern now, which just happens to be in my size too. I just stumbled upon your site and look forward to checking out the rest of your web store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Theresa!

    Welcome Tasia! I'm glad you found me. I'm adding to the Web shop little by little, day by day, so keep checking back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vintage 50s patterns. I'm going to buy a couple to make & then frame the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha! I bought the dress pattern in the post above - I couldn't resist!
    I'll be sure to post pictures of the finished dress. Super excited for it to arrive in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tasia! I hope you love it and I CAN'T WAIT to see the photos! I'm sure it will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I wanted to share some PEAR comment love and also say HI! I see you are part of SITS as well, yippee! Your shop is sew cute!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!