Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Craft Hope Project 6: Orphan Foundation of America Red Scarf Project


Quick post:  you may already know this, but I am way behind on my blog reading.  I thought that I was too late to help the Red Scarf Project last year, and I was delighted to find out that Craft Hope has partnered with the Orphan Foundation of America and extended the usual scarf project deadline from December to February 14th!   So we knitters and crocheters have another chance to help a college-bound teen who has emancipated out of foster care. If you knit, Vickie Howell has generously donated her Star Stitch Red Scarf Pattern for this project.  Visit the OFA Red Scarf Project page for links to more patterns. 

Knitted or crocheted red scarves can be delivered to:

Orphan Foundation of America
The Red Scarf Project
21351 Gentry Drive
Sterling, VA  20166



Just FYI:  like Hearts for Haiti, Craft Hope also has a shop on Etsy where all proceeds benefit Haiti through Doctors Without Borders / Medicins Sans Frontieres.  

With that, I'll see you here tomorrow for Vintage Thingies Thursday! 


Red Scarf Project logo courtesy of the Orphan Foundation of America.

 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Awesome idea! :) Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. French Picnic loves sharing our creative talents with those who need them! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!