Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Kreativ Blogger and One Lovely Blog Awards

Today Serendipity Handmade is three months old.  So to commemorate this little milestone I'm delighted to share with you that this blog has received two more awards.  I'm really excited about the fact that Serendipity Handmade was recognized a total of three times before it was three months old!  And I'm really glad that you all are enjoying the blog so much.



I want to extend a big thank you to Ginger, The Seamstress of Avalon, who passed along the Kreativ Blogger award in October. If you've never read her blog you really must stop by and take a look at her work, as it is exquisite!

This award came with requirements, as always:
  • Copy the Kreativ Blogger picture and post it on your page
  • Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to their blog
  • Write seven things about you that we don't know
  • Choose seven other bloggers that you would like to give the award to
  • Link to the bloggers that you choose
  • Let the winners know that they have the lovely award.
So here are Seven Things That You Don't Know About Me:

1. I’ve been a collector of odds and ends since childhood.  Some of my first obsessions were Lisa Frank stickers, marbles, Hello Kitty, and tiny glass animal figurines.  (Did you know that Hello Kitty has been around for 35 years?!)

2. The very first thing that I ever tried to (hand) sew was a little yellow sundress for my Barbie doll.  I tried to use this Simplicity pattern.  I don't know what happened to the original pattern, but I was able to find another one.  It's a keeper.

3. I was a Girl Scout. I miss my badges, so I bought a little of this.

4. I have a deep love of historic costume, and although I am not a historical re-enactor, for many years I have wanted to make myself the Hayward evening dress in black silk net and ivory satin that is found in Patterns of Fashion 2.

5. I enjoy watching many different types of musical productions: silly classic musicals, plays, opera, and cute Bollywood films.

6. I once volunteered to work on a float for the Tournament of Roses Parade. Two nights prior to the parade I stuck yellow rose petals onto a humongous lady's dress with rubber cement, in the cold, for hours, until my fingers were nearly stuck together permanently.  Never again.

7. In my other life, I collect and preserve things professionally, as I am a librarian.  I actually enjoy doing research, organizing, and helping people find things!  Yep, I'm a geek. Here's a little librarian humor for you.

And here are seven other crafty and "Kreativ" blogs that you may enjoy:



I also would like to warmly thank Favorite Vintage Finds, who passed along the One Lovely Blog Award.  I'm so glad that this award didn't come with too many rules:

1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who's given it to you, along with the link to his or her blog.

2. Pass the award to several other blogs that you have recently discovered.

I am going to pass this award along to Elsa Mora, whose papercuttings and personal style I adore, and to The Paper Collector, whose paper doll collections I envy!

And thanks again to all of you, dear readers, both "old" and new!

4 comments:

  1. Hello from PEAR and French Picnic, love the awards and the insight into you... thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from PEAR! Did you ever see the grown-up book of badges for women? I can't remember what it's called, but it's something about earning badges for things as adults and it's quite cute. The idea was invented by two sisters, and I think one of them passed away so the other sister went forward and had the book made. Rather a sweet idea, and hey... then you could earn a few new badges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your blogiversary and your awards...

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!